Thursday 2 April 2015

Brunch at HotBox

My brother and I have always been close and I like to make sure we see each other often. We both love food and eating out so we often meet for dinner but this time I fancied testing out a brunch I had heard good things about, Hotbox in Shoreditch. So on one very sunny Sunday morning, I crossed the river to meet my brother and Charlie for a feast of a brunch.

They don't take bookings and I don't like queueing so we made sure we were there for 11am when it opened. The setting is simple, long tables with benches and bar stools around the windows. It's very casual, loud and fun. They bring you bottomless coffee or tea while you get stuck in to the menus. I'm one of those people who find it really hard to settle for just one thing. I want a little bit of everything, I want to try it all. Luckily the other two obliged, sharing is caring after all.


We also got the bottomless cocktails, a variety of bloody mary's, bubbly and mimosas.


We ordered the truffle egg toast and it was as good as it sounds.



The beef rib tacos, amazingly tasty and surprisingly light and fresh.


Chicken Belgian waffles, super crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.


Fluffy pancakes with very thick cut bacon, unfortunately my least favourite.


Mac and cheese that I could happily live on for the rest of my life.


And finally the skillet smoked meat hash, very tasty and meaty.



We ate for ages, and I am not ashamed to say that we finished absolutely everything. I was determined to sample the puddings too but we were just too full. There is always next time right?

 

A Sunday morning well spent in the best company, I will always cheers to that!



I recommend giving Hotbox a try, you can check out their website here. Let me know if you loved it or loved it! 




1 comment: