Friday 2 January 2015

Zanzibar: Stone Town

I spent most of my childhood in Africa in Ethiopia and Tanzania. Africa will always have a special place in my heart and I absolutely love it there. My dad did a lot of work in Zanzibar and I have visited more times than I can remember, it never gets old and I will never get bored of it. I love the smell of cloves in the air, the beautiful, narrow streets of Stone Town, the stunning beaches and the turquoise waters, the amazingly fresh seafood and the slow pace of life.

My best friend still lives in Tanzania and she recently got married in the Ngorogoro crater. My boyfriend and I decided to make a holiday out of the wedding trip and spent 6 days in Zanzibar. We had such an amazing time so I thought I would share some of it with you. 

We spent our first night in Stone Town in a lovely hotel called Maru Maru in the center of town. The hotel had a stunning roof terrace with amazing views and it was the perfect spot for some sun downers.


Dress: Forever 21
Bag: Accessorize
Sunglasses: Rayban
Jewellery: Dubai Souk


We strolled around the streets and grabbed a bite to eat at the night market before heading over to an indian restaurant for dinner. Zanzibar is known as the spice island as they grow every spice imaginable, you are guaranteed an amazing curry!



The next day we did some exploring, a bit of shopping and general wondering around. 



Dress: Asos
Handbag: Michael Kors and Stone Town Boutique
Sunglasses: Rayban
Bracelet: URU Diamonds







We could have easily spent another day in Stone Town and it's definitely worth a visit if you are going to Zanzibar. Remember to stop off at the buzzing spice market to pick up the freshest spices for next to nothing! Stone town has gotten a lot more touristy since my last visit and in a way lost a little bit of its charm with it. Bargaining in shops is a must and you can generally get it for less than half of what they are initially asking. We said our good byes and headed up to Kendwa up on the North West coast, about an hour away from Stone Town.



No comments:

Post a Comment