Monday 12 January 2015

Walk in Winter Wonderland

As my boyfriend is Welsh, we like to bring a bit of British into our Christmas. On the 25th we cook a turkey, make some real roast potatoes, cauliflower and cheese, pigs in blankets and a whole selection of veggies. The Finns have yet to discover cranberry sauce so we even brought Sainsbury's finest with us, all the way from London. I'm quite a fan of this two 'Christmas dinners' tradition. We get both ham and turkey and two amazing dinners, what's not to like?


After boxing day we headed 5h east of Helsinki to Joensuu. Both my parents and all of us kids were born there and my grandparents, aunts and lots of cousins live there. It was freezing cold, -25'C, but breathtakingly beautiful. We stayed in Hotel Kimmel, right on the river that runs through the town. It's a great location and the breakfast room had stunning views. The rooms were basic but nice and clean.


Most of the time was spent seeing everyone and having lots of coffees, cakes and mulled wines but on the last day we snuck out for a little winter walk. It really was a winter wonderland, everything looked beautiful. We were so lucky the sun came out as well, if you didn't know, we don't get a lot of sunlight in Finland in the winter months! I photographed until my fingers so numb and cold I actually had to run back inside.



Coat: Soaked in Luxury
Fur headband: JZB
Jeans: Zara
Sunglasses: Chanel










Jumper: Supertrash
Jeans: Zara

What a lovely weekend spent with family in beautiful surroundings.



2 comments:

  1. lovely photos, looks nice even though i don't like snow haha :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can only take it in small doses! And I am from Finland...

      Delete